REITs AND InvITs allowed raising funds via Debt Securities:
- SEBI has allowed REITs and InvITS TO RAISE funds from capital market through debt securities.
- The concept of strategic investor and single asset similar to InvITS had also been introduced for REITs.
- Lending to the underlying holding company has also been allowed by SEBI.
- REITS is now required to hold 50% stake in holding company compared to early 51%.
India to launch Zero Hunger Programme:
- It will be launched on 16th October i.e. the world food day.
- The Programme will be implemented by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in association with Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), M S Swaminathan Research Foundation and Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
- It will provide thrust to agriculture, nutrition, and health in a concurrent manner.
- It will be launched initially in three districts viz. Gorakhpur (UP), Thane (Maharashtra) and Koraput (Odisha).
First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ to be held in India from October 10-13:
- It will be conducted by National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the leading agency.
- It will be conducted in Delhi -NCR region.
- This exercise will help in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.