- Advertisement -
Iran’s Chabahar port opens
- Chabahar port allows India to bypass Pakistan on the trade route to Afghanistan.
- India, Iran, and Afghanistan have signed an agreement to grant preferential treatment and tariff reductions at Chabahar to Indian goods headed toward Central Asia and Afghanistan.
- Chabahar port project is a strategic response to China’s development of the Gwadar port in Pakistan and its aggressive pursuit of the Belt and Road Initiative.
Kohli becomes first captain to score six double ton
- Virat Kohli scaled yet another milestone, becoming the first skipper to hit six double centuries in Test cricket.
- The 29-year-old Indian thus surpassed West Indies great Brian Lara, who held the record previously with five double tons in Tests.
- Tendulkar had scored six double centuries, while Sehwag hit a record four double and two triple tons for India.
Infosys appoints Salil S. Parekh as CEO and Managing Director
- Salil S. Parekh, who will take over as CEO and MD at Infosys on January 2, 2018 for a period of five years, was a member of the Group Executive Board at French firm Capgemini.
- He has Master of Engineering degrees in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University and a Bachelor of Technology degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
International Day for Disabled Person
- The International Day of Persons with Disabilities observed today as proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly resolution 47/3 in 1992.
- This year the theme was “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”.
- It aims to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development.