U.S. suspends all security aid to Pakistan
- The United States on Thursday said it was suspending all security assistance to Pakistan until Islamabad “takes decisive action against groups, including the Afghan Taliban and the Haqqani Network.”
- The total amount in question could exceed a billion dollars, though no official figure has been provided.
Confirmation of H5 Avian Influenza in Bengaluru
- An outbreak of H5 Avian Influenza has been reported from Dasarahalli village, Bengaluru East Taluk, Bengaluru Urban District in Karnataka.
- The samples from the said epicenter (a poultry meat shop) were sent to the National Institute of High-Security Animal Diseases (NIHSAD), Bhopal which confirmed it to be positive for the H5 strain of Avian Influenza virus.
MIG-29K fighter aircraft crashed during takeoff
- A MIG-29K fighter aircraft of the Navy with a trainee pilot crashed off the runway during takeoff at the Goa airport.
- This is the first accident involving the MIG-29k. The Navy operates 45 such aircraft and they fly off aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
- A Court of Inquiry (CoI) will determine the cause of the accident.
Winter Session of Parliament ends
- shortest Winter Session of the Parliament that came to an end. Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha adjourned sine-die today on Friday.
- After getting passed from Lok Sabha, Tripple Talaq bill was presented in Rajya Sabha but now pushed to Budget session.
- 24 legislative Bills were introduced in Lok Sabha out of which nine were passed by both the Houses.