1. Which type of climate does the temperature vary very little?
2. The main quality of sandy soil is that it is
(b) Reddish in colour
3. When does season Vasanta begin?
4. The average altitude of the Great Himalaya is about
(a) 8,000 meters
(b) 5,000 meters
(c) 7,000 meters
(d) 6,000 meters
5. Which of the following is not a feature of the equatorial forest?
(a) Great variety
(b) Thick undergrowth
(c) Great density
6. What does the word “Tundra ” mean?
(a) A treeless plain
(b) A frozen land
(c) A cold region
(d) All of them
7. Which of the following continents is not allowed by monsoonal influences?
(b) South America
8. The main harm of wind erosion is
(a) Abrasion of soil
(b) Plucking of soil
(c) Deflation of soil
(d) Attrition of soil
9. Which of the following is the biggest river in the Indian Peninsula?
10. Dakshin Ganga or Virdha Ganga is the other name of the river