1. The Project Mausam is going to encourage research on themes linked to the study of –
(a) Naval Routes
(b) Maritime Routes
(d) Land to Land Route
2. Which one of the following is the objective of Project Mausam?
(a) Connecting UNESCO cultural conventions.
(b) Concept of a common heritage.
(c) Publications for the general public
(d) All of the above
3. Assertion: Goals of Project Mausam include ‘to transcend present day national and ethnic frontiers’.
Reason: It is going to strengthen current relationship between countries across the ocean.
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
4. Project Mausam has been launched by the Ministry of:
(a) Ministry of Art and Culture
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Finance
5. Which one of the following is not the goal of National Water Mission?
(a) Encouragement of citizen and state actions for water conservation, augmentation and preservation.
(b) Enhancing water use efficiency by 20%.
(c) Promotion of basin level Integrated Water Resources Management.
(1) Only (a) is correct
(2) Only (c) is correct
(3) Both (a) and (b) are correct
(4) All the three
6. When was the Indian Meteorological department established?
7. When the government of India launched Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2015-20?
(a) 1 April 2015
(b) 5 April 2015
(c) 3 April 2015
(d) 6 April 2015
8. Which one of the following is not the objective of Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20?
(a) Foreign Trade Policy to concentrate on catering assistance to services and merchandise exports
(b) Foreign Trade Policy would not concentrate on defense, pharma, environment-friendly products.
(c) Foreign Trade Policy intends to capacitate India to meet the challenges of the external environment.
(d) Foreign Trade Policy aims to empower India and its neighbours in securing their economic welfare.
9. Which two new programmes have been initiated under the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20?
(a) MEIS and SEIS
(b) MIES and SEIS
(c) MEIS and ESIS
(d) IMES and IESS
10. NAQUIM stands for:
(a) National Project on Aquifer Management
(b) National Programme on Aquifer Management
(c) National Project on Affected Management
(d) Net Project on Aquifer Management
5. (d) National Water Mission has been launched to protect the water resources of the country through conservation of water.
6. (c) The colonial government established this department; its head was H.F.Blanford.
7. (a) The Foreign Trade Policy is going to strengthen exports and create jobs while assisting the Centre’s ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ programmes.