1. In which of the Continent is the Amazon River Basin situated?
(a) North America
(b) South America
2. Who among the following countries is the leader in copper?
3. Which of the following countries is the biggest supplier of emeralds?
4. From which of the following trees is obtained tannin
5. Which of the following is the largest rainforest in the world?
(a) The Congo Rainforest
(b) The Indonesian Rainforests
(c) The Amazon Rainforests
(d) The Atlantic Rainforest
6. United States of America is the part of which of the continent?
(a) South America
(b) North America
7. How many countries are there in the African continent?
8. Which of the following desert(s) is/are correct?
(a) Only 2
(b) Both 2 and 4
(c) Only 4
(d) Both 1 and 3
9. Which of the following continent has the 60% of the world’s population?
10. Which of the following river does not belong to Asia continent?
- (b) The temperatures in the Amazon basin touch 18 to 32 degree Celsius. It has the typical hot wet climate that is suitable for the growth of rain forests.
- (a) Chile is one of the 12 independent countries that are situated in the continent of South America.
- (b) The main source of income for several countries of the continent of South America is the mineral exports. Columbia is situated in the South America where mining operations are highly commercialized, and for most part, located in the remote areas.
- (d) From this tree is obtained ‘tannin’ from which inks and dyes are made; these trees are found in Argentina and Paraguay, countries belonging to the continent of South America.
- (c) The Amazon Rainforest, that has got its name from the Amazon River, is the world’s largest tropical rainforest; it covers the region that spans the border of eight rapidly developing countries: Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana and Suriname.
- (b) North America is the third largest continent in the world. It consists of the United States, Canada, Greenland, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean Islands. USA and Canada are also known as Anglo America because English is the dominant language as many of its settlers came from England.
- (c) People of the African continent were trading across the Indian Ocean with Arabs, Indians and even some Chinese as far back as the first century AD. The largest country of the continent is Sudan and the smallest is Seychelles.
- (a) This desert belongs to African continent that is also known as ‘the dark continent.’
- (c) Asia covers almost one third of the World’s land area; it covers 4,39,98,000 square kilometers. It is not only the biggest, but also the most thickly populated of all the countries.
10.(d) It is in Africa.