1. Assertion (A): The Supreme Court is the custodian of the Fundamental Rights.
Reason (R): The Supreme Court is not bound to issue writs for the enforcement of the Fundamental Rights.
(a) A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
2. Which of the following provisions of the Constitution of India have a bearing on Public Health?
- Seventh Schedule
- Fifth Schedule
- Rural and Urban Local Bodies
- Directive Principles of State Policy
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) Only 1
(b) 1, 3 and 4
(c) 2, 3 and 4
(d) All of them.
3. Consider the following statements regarding “Special Category State (SCS)” status:
- It enables a State to receive special Central Assistance.
- It is a Constitutional status accorded to certain States.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2 are correct
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Which one of the following is the main function of the Central Vigilance Commission of India?
(a) To inquire or cause an inquiry of alleged offence of a public servant
(b) To scrutinize the utilization of development funds sanctioned by the Government
(c) To keep watch on the investigating agencies in the country
(d) To expedite the disposal of criminal cases pending in the courts
5. Which is not correctly matched?
(a) Article 108 – Joint session of Parliament.
(b) Article 110 – Money Bill
(c) Article 226 – Writ jurisdiction of the High Courts
(d) Article 125 – Adhoc judges in the Supreme Court
6. The Rangarajan Committee was formed to
(a) Study the recommendations of the Finance Commission.
(b) Study the recommendation of the Election Commission.
(c) Study the recommendation of the National Advisory Council.
(d) Study the recommendation of the National Development Council.
7. The motive of celebrating National Voters’ Day on 25th January is
(a) To fix a date for registration of names in the electoral roll.
(b) To fix a date to distribute election identity card to all the citizens.
(c) To motive people to vote and increase participation in the democratic process.
(d) All of these.
8. Which of the parliamentary Committee is an adhoc Committee?
(a) Estimates Committee.
(b) Joint Parliamentary Committee.
(d) Committee on Public Undertakings
9. Which of the following is NOT correct about Finance Commission?
(a) It is constituted every 5 years as per the provisions of Article 280 of the Constitution.
(b) The qualifications of the Commission are determined by the President.
(c) The members of the Commission are appointed by the President of India.
(d) It is to act as a balancing wheel of the Indian fiscal federalism.
10. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act has been derived from which part of the Constitution?
(a) Local Self Government
(b) Directive Principles
(d) Fundamental Rights
11. Which one of the following is correct about the Supreme Court regarding its judgement?
(a) Only the ministry of law can change the judgement.
(b) Only the Chief Justice of India can change the judgement.
(c) It can change the judgement.
(d) It cannot change the judgement.
12. The Electoral College that elects the Vice-President of India consists of:
(a) Members of the Rajya Sabha and the Legislative Assemblies of States
(b) Members of both the houses of Parliament
(c) Elected members of both the houses of Parliament
(d) Members of Rajya Sabha only
- (c) Under Article 32 of the constitution, the Supreme Court is bound to issue writs for the enforcement of the Fundamental Rights whereas the High Courts are not bound to issue writs. They can suggest some other alternatives also.
- (d) Article 125 deals with the Salaries etc. of the judges.
- (c) The Rangaranjan Committee was formed to Study the recommendation of the National Advisory Councilon the proposed Food Security Bill.
- (c) The date 25th January marks the foundation day of the Election Commission of India. The commemoration entails upon itself to motive and inspire the younger lots to come up and get their names registered so that they take part in the democratic process of the country.
- (b) A Joint Parliamentary Committee is constituted to look into a special issue. It cease to exist after probing into the matter.
- (b) The qualifications of the members of the Commission are determined by an act of the Parliament.
- (b) Article 41 provides for Right to work, to education and public assistance in certain cases.
- (c) The Supreme Court can change/revise its own judgement.
- (b) Article 66(1) provides for the election of the Vice-President.