1. When was the word “Robot” introduced for the first time ?
Related Information (RI): Robot is a Czech word that means “Slave”. It was first introduced by Karel Czech in his hit play R.U.R.(Rossum’s Universal Robots).
2. When was the construction of human-like robot began/started?
RI: It was started at the Waseda University in Tokyo. Wabot-1 was the first humanoid robot.
3. When was the first robotic turtles built?
RI: Willia Gray Walter built some of the first robotic turtles.
4. Which country is the giant in the field of robotics?
RI: At present, at least half of the more than million industrial robots in use are Japanese.
5. When had a chess playing computer beaten world chess champion Garry Kasparov in a game?
(a) 11 May 1997
(b) 10 April 1997
(c) 21 March 1997
(d) 20 March 1997
RI: This computer was named Deep Blue.
6. When was an electro-mechanical mouse was invented?
RI: It was invented by Claude Shannon.
7. When was the very first industrial robot was introduced?
RI: It was a crane like device that could stack wooden blocks in a programmed pattern.
Answers:- 1)- (c) ; 2)- (b) ; 3)- (a) ; 4)- (d) ; 5)- (a) ; 6)- (a) ; 7)- (a)