Bhawna Garg a girl from Punjab secured All India Rank 1 in the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination in the year 1999.
Bhawna followed the words of Swamy Vivekananda, “Stand up, be bold and take the whole responsibility on your shoulders and know that you are creator of your own density. All the strength and success that you want are within yourself”.
The four elements, Hardwork, Dedication, Patience and Self Confidence are the pre-requisites for success in the examination.
Bhawna Garg also earned lot of laurels, some of them are explained as following:
- Director’s Shield for being first in order of merit and gold medal for best performance in extra-curricular activities during professional training at LBS National Academy of Administration in 1999-2001.
- First woman to get the first rank in All India Civil Services Examination (271,000 applicants) and to continue to hold the top position after professional assessment in LBSNAA 1999-2001.
- Ratan Swarup Memorial Prize for excellent all round performance in the graduating class in all disciplines of the undergraduate programs of study at IIT Kanpur 1998.
- First rank in the Combined Entrance Test, an open competitive examination for securing admission to the engineering colleges in 1994.
Also Read: Civil Services 2003 Topper Ankur Garg, IAS Rank 1
Bhawna Garg did B Tech in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and got graduated in the year 1998. She also did her Masters in Public Policy from Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, USA and got completed in 2012.
Bhawna Garg is a daughter of a junior engineer from Kapurthala. She got married to Ajoy Sharma an IAS Officer. They both are from engineering background.
Bhawna’s optional subject were Maths and Chemistry because she had more liking for the subject and better scoring abilities in it.
Also Read: Sweta Mohanty, IAS Topper Rank 2 of 2011
Bhawna cleared UPSC Civil Services Examination in her very first attempt and bagged the 1st position.
Tips for future Aspirants
- You have to be self-motivated. Once having decided about going in for the exam, it must be atleast a year before you ought to be appearing for the Prelims.
- Maintain a note-book to jot down all important developments happening in the National and the International scene. Also if possible make short notes.
- Take proper care of your health. Maintain a hobby which relaxes you during your preparation and take sleep as required by your body and mind. It is always better to do study when mind and body are fresh, this helps in easy grasping of things.
- When you are free, try to write an essay on post topics covered in the Civil Services. Not only the essay you should also attempt previous years optional paper and general studies papers. This will expose your weaknesses and give you an idea about the extent of your preparation, your knowledge base, your speed and accuracy.
Don’t Miss: Toppers Story – Ranchi Girl Nancy Sahay, IAS
This is very honorable for us mrs Bhavna garg
Can u please tell me about good idea for preparation in any coaching institute
Because I want to bacame in this service…thank you
I.m.from MBA WITH finance and HR
Hello Bhavna mam…first of all warm greetings on your success and congrats… Mam I m Swati Patil from a town umred. …i had did my B.E and M.tech in computer science and engg ..even I want to prepare myself for upsc exam..pls can u motivate me and guide me where to take coaching…and pls do share your experience..
I want to krack * uppcs*our opt.sub. History &politices
Ple.help me whos books better for me. Thanks
Comments are closed.