<<< GK For Various Entrance Examination >>>
*** Our Universe and PlanetS ***
1. In order of their distances from the Sun, which of the following planets lie between
Mars and Uranus?
(a) Earth and Jupiter
(b) Jupiter and Saturn
(c) Saturn and Earth
(d) Saturn and Neptune
2. Comets revolve around:
(d) No single heavenly body
3. Which one of the following is correct? Great Bear is a
4. The hottest planet is:
5. Which of the planets is nearest to the earth?
6. Which one of the following planets takes the same number of days
for rotation And revolution?
7. Which of the following planets of the solar system has the longest day?
8. Which planet of the solar system spins on its axis at the fastest rate?
7. Which planet looks reddish in the night sky?
8. Which of the following is the largest of the inner planets?
9. A black hole is a:
(a) Contracted star with intense gravitational pull
(b) Star with very low surface temperature
(c) Star with no atmosphere
(d) Pulsating star
10. Asteroids have their orbits between the planets:
(a) Mercury and Venus
(b) Earth and Mars
(c) Mars and Jupiter
(d) Jupiter and Saturn
11. The orbits of planets around the Sun, or of satellites around the Earth, can be:
(a) Circular and elliptic
(b) Circular and hyperbolic
(c) Elliptic and parabolic
(d) Parabolic and hyperbolic
12. NASA’s Deep Impact space mission was employed to take detailed pictures of which comet nucleus?
(a) Halley’s Comet
13. Foucault experiment is proof of which one of the following?
(a) Revolution of Earth
(b) Rotation of Earth
(c) Rotation of Moon
(d) Revolution of Moon
14. The earth rotates around its axis from:
(a) North to south
(b) East to west
(c) South to north
(d) West to east
15. “Mohs’ Scale” is used to indicate the:
(a) Degree of brittleness of a substance
(b) Degree of hardness of minerals.
(c) Degree of viscosity of a liquid
(d) Degree of elasticity of a material