The Government has announced that National Testing Agency will conduct NEET, JEE, UGC NET and CMAT exams from now on, the exams will be computer-based. The exams to be conducted on multiple dates. NEET & JEE exams to be conducted 2 times in a year, JEE in Jan & Apr & NEET in Feb and May.
Benefits of ‘Twice in Year’ exam model
- Students won’t lose one year to get another chance to bring out their best
- Reduce stress among students as there will be two exams before admission
- Students may use either of their scores out of both exams during the selection procedure
Why National Testing Agency?
- To give relief to CBSE, AICTE, UGC etc. from the burden of conducting these exams, so they can utilize their time and resource in their primary functions.
- To set up a fully accountable organization which can function in this domain with all the required expertise.
- To bring in standard credibility and transparency along with a scope of methodological improvement and technological advancement in the field of testing and evaluation.
- To unify the organizing efforts and save the much wasted time of various government agencies while they organize these tests independently.
- To boost security and sanctity of question paper and online exam practices.
What is National Testing Agency?
NTA is an autonomous and financially self-sustainable organization mandated to take various competitive professional career exams across India. It is registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- To conduct entrance tests entrusted to it by any department or ministry
- To put in place a robust system for conducting of examinations
- To bring high reliability and standardized difficulty level for assessing aptitude, intelligence and problem-solving abilities of students
NEET 2019 Dates:
NEET 2019 will be conducted twice in online mode. All these exams will be conducted in eight different settings during the period mentioned below and candidates can choose anyone. Check NEET 2019 complete schedule here:
NEET 2019 February Exam
|Online submission of application forms:||October 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018|
|Dates of examination:||Between February 3, 2019 to February 17, 2019|
|Declaration of results:||First week of March 2019|
NEET 2019 May Exam
|Online submission of application forms:||Second week of March 2019|
|Dates of examination:||Between May 12, 2019 to May 26, 2019|
JEE Main 2019
JEE Main 2019 will be held twice and check the complete schedule here:
First Phase of JEE Mains 2019
|Online submission of application forms:||September 1 and be on till September 30.|
|Dates of examination:||Between January 6, 2019 to January 20, 2019|
|Result declaration:||First week of February 2019|
Second Phase of JEE Mains 2019
|Online submission of application forms:||Second week of February 2019|
|Dates of examinations:||April 7, 2019 to April 21, 2019|
|Result declaration:||First week of May 2019|