RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission) is going to conduct Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) Exam 2016 on 28th August 2016 to recruit officers on 725 posts. Rajasthan Administrative Service, popularly known as RAS, is the supreme Civil Service of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The recruitment to the service is made on the basis of an annual competitive examination. The officers are included in the State Cadre of Civil Service officers.
The cadres usually start from a designation lower in rank than Indian Administrative Service (IAS). However, RAS officers gradually,with the accumulation of experience, take posts equivalent to IAS officers. The RAS exam is organised by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), a Rajasthan government body. The RAS officers hold various posts at the sub-district level while ;delivering various government services apart from conducting revenue administration and maintenance of law and order. Generally vacancies of the RAS are open once in two to three years. 3 level examinations are held. Preliminary Mains and Interview.
Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) 2016
RPSC RAS Selection Process are held in two successive stages-
- Preliminary Examination, and
- Main Examination
The Preliminary Examination consists of one paper on General Knowledge & General Science, which is of objective type and carries a maximum of 200 marks and candidates will get 3 hours to solve it. The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination. People who pass the RAS Pre level exam will be able to appear in RAS Mains examination.
The written examination consists of the following four papers which are descriptive/analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
Papers Maximum Marks
- Paper I – General Studies-I – 200 marks
- Paper II – General Studies-II – 200 marks
- Paper III – General Studies-III – 200 marks
- Paper IV – General Hindi and General English – 200 marks
Don’t Miss: How to Prepare Notes for UPSC Exam?
Personality and Viva-Voce Examination:-
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test which carries 100 marks.
The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. However for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having ‘C’ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
General Instructions :
- All papers shall be answered either in Hindi or in English, but no candidate shall be permitted to answer any one paper partly in Hindi and partly in English unless specifically allowed to do so.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of
Must Read: Types of Questions in UPSC CSAT Paper
Syllabus and Scope of the Papers
The syllabus and scope of each paper for the examination will be as prescribed by the Commission from time to time and will be intimated to the candidates within the stipulated time in the manner as the Commission deems fit.
Eligibility Criteria (Educational Qualification & Age Limit)
Educational Qualification: Candidates who are going to Apply Online RPSC RAS Recruitment 2016 Application Form must hold a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the Commission.
Age Limit: Candidates should attain an age of 21 years to 35 years. Age Relaxation is also available for reserved category candidates
RPSC RAS 2016 Important Dates to Remember
- RAS Notification released Date: 28th April 2016
- RAS Online Application Form submission Start From Date: 10th May 2016
- Last Date For Application Fee: 23rd June 2016
- RAS Online Application Form submission Last Date: 25th June 2016
- Correction in RAS Application Form From : 26th June to 25th July 2016
- RPSC RAS Pre Exam Date 2016: 28th August 2016
- RPSC RAS Mains Examination 2016: October 2016
How to Apply Online for RPSC RAS Recruitment 2016 Application Form?
First of all visit on official Website of RPSC Download and Read official notification carefully Click on apply online link Enter all details carefully in Form upload Photo & Sign Click on Submit and Apply online Print a hard copy of fully filled application form
According to announcement by Government of Rajasthan, RAS Recruitment is going to conduct this year to recruit 725 RAS posts. The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Announced that their Government declared RAS Exam Notification on 28th April 2016. So you should be ready with hard preparation for RAS Pre exam 2016 (Exam date 28th August 2016). You must be prepared for RAS 2014-2015 Exam that’s Online application form Started from 10th May to 25th June 2016.
Important Points for Apply Online:
- First you should keep in mind that you are submitting your application form online so be careful.
- If you submit your application form with any mistake than you can’t change after deadline.
- First you should read all “apply online instruction” carefully and take a review before clicking on the final submit button.
- You should be ready with your scanned document in prefixed resolution criteria like your photograph and signature.
- After completion of RPSC RAS Application form 2016 online submission, you should take a printout of your application form for further references.
Candidate have to pay 250/- for General (Unreserved) candidates, 150/- for OBC and only 50/- for ST/SC and other reserved category candidates. You can submit your application fee by online mode using your net banking account or debit/credit card.