Amazing Body of Facts : The human body consists of 100 trillion cells approximately which is basic unit of life. These cells are organised biologically to eventually form the whole body. Following are the body of facts that will never cease to amaze
1. There are 300,000 million capillaries in a human lung. If they are joined end to end, it will cover the distance between Delhi and Chennai.
2. For every 500 gm of fat gained, our body makes 11 km of blood vessels. It puts a lot of strain on our heart because it has to work harder to pump blood to these newly created extra vessels. Our body re-absorbs the unnecessary vessels if it loses fat.
3. An adult human body is made up of 7 octillion atoms. It is equal to 7xl02, the number of atoms (1 octillion = 1000 trillion).
4. A normal human cell consists of 23 pairs of chromosomes in its nucleus, which is a molecule of DNA. Chromosome 1 is the biggest and contains 10 billion atoms. It is the largest storehouse of information that is encoded in the molecule.
5. Digestive acids in our stomach are strong enough to dissolve zinc. Regeneration of stomach epithelium lining is so quick that acids don’t have enough time to dissolve it.
6. The focussing muscles of our eyes move around 100,000 times in a day. Leg muscles would need to walk 80 km everyday to give the same amount of workout.
7. 1 cubic inch of bone can support 8.6 tonnes of weight which is four times as much as concrete can support. Human bone is as strong as granite as far as supporting weight is concerned.
8. Skin is the largest organ of human body and covers about 20 square feet in an adult person. It flakes away constantly and each person sheds around 18 kg in a lifetime.
9. Everyday a man’s testicles manufacture 10 million sperm cells. This is enough to repopulate the entire planet earth in only 6 months.
10. Blood circulation
is kept under pressure by human body’s circulatory system in outer space. It will not explode even if it is pushed into space without the space suit. It is a lack of air that is responsible for death.