1. _____________are the beneficiaries of the “Reverse Mortgage Scheme”.
(a) Government employees
(b) Senior citizens
(c) Unemployed persons
(d) Persons of BPL category
Ans: (b) Senior citizens
2. RBI was nationalized in the year
Ans: (a) 1949
3. Which of the following is/are associated with the fiscal policy?
1. Marginal Standing Facility
2. Devaluation of Currency
3. Market Stabilization Scheme
(a) 1 & 2
(b) Only 3
(c) 2 & 3
(d) Only 2
Ans: (d) Only 2
4. When was Liberalized Exchange Rate Management System (LERMS) started in India?
5. National income of India is estimated by
(b) Ministry of Statistics
(c) Central Statistical Office
(d) Ministry of Finance
Ans: (c) Central Statistical Office
6. What is understood by Fiduciary Issue of currency?
(a) The issue of currency notes without keeping gold or silver as deposit
(b) The issue of currency notes keeping gold or silver as deposit
(c) The issue of currency notes with partial gold or silver deposits
(d) The issue of currency notes with comparative gold or silver deposits
Ans: (a) The issue of currency notes without keeping gold or silver as deposit
7. _____________is the percentage of total deposits of a bank which it has to keep with itself in the form of liquid assets.
(a) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)
(b) Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)
(c) Statutory Reserve Ratio
(d) Cash Ratio
Ans: (a) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)
8. The exchange rate in India is dependent upon:
1. Government policy
2. Demand-supply forces
3. Monetary policy objectives
(a) Only 2 (b) 2 & 3 (c) 1 & 2 (d) 1, 2 & 3
Ans: (a) Only 2
9. Collateralized Borrowing and Lending Obligation (CBLO) is a/an ________.
(a) Money Market Instrument
(b) Instrument of Monetary Policy
(c) Type of Risk Cover
(d) Stock Market Instrument
Ans: (a) Money Market Instrument
10. Often, we read in newspapers that the RBI has changed the Repo rate and the Reverse Repo rate by a few basis points. What is a basis point?
(a) Ten % of one hundredth point
(b) One hundredth of 1%
(c) One tenth of 1%
(d) Ten % of 100
Ans: (b) One hundredth of 1%
11. Banks generally don’t pay interest on money deposited in which of the following accounts?
(a) Savings account
(b) Current account
(c) Fixed deposit account
(d) None of these
Ans: (b) Current account
12. ‘Fiat Money’ is defined as the money which is
(a) Accepted internationally
(b) Accepted temporarily in lieu of gold
(c) Issued by keeping gold or silver as deposit
(d) Decreed as money by the government
Ans: (d) Decreed as money by the government
13. Demand-pull inflation can be caused by which of the following?
(a) A decline in consumption expenditure
(b) A sharp increase in lending rates
(c) A steep decline in income tax
(d) An increase in direct taxation
Ans: (c) A steep decline in income tax
14. For obtaining which among the following does a customer not require a bank account?
(a) A loan
(b) A cheque
(c) A banker’s draft
(d) A credit card
Ans: (c) A banker’s draft
15. RBI isn’t expected to perform the role of
(a) Acting as a clearing house
(b) Working as a banker to the government
(c) Managing forex
(d) Accepting deposits from general public
Ans: (d) Accepting deposits from general public