1. Which of the following is a Government run scheme which provides health insurance to unorganized workers belonging to BPL category and their families?
(a) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
(b) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
(c) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
(d) All of above.
2. Sun is the source of all the energy for Earth and atmosphere except
- Large scale forest fires.
- Heat emitted by radioactive minerals.
- Solar wind
- Geothermal heat sources
(a) Both 1 and 2
(b) Both 2 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) All of these.
3. Assertion (A): Ecological pyramid of energy is always an upright pyramid.
Reason (R): There is a decrease in energy at successive throphic levels in a food chain.
(a) A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) A and R are true but R is the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
4. Pollution can be checked through:
(a) increasing industrial development
(b) reducing discharge of waste
(c) throwing wastes in open spaces
(d) All of these.
5. While passing over a suspension bridge, soldiers are not allowed to march in steps. This is
(a) to prevent the bridge from executing forced vibrations.
(b) to prevent any occurrence of resonance with the bridge.
(c) because there cannot be orderly marching.
(d) to prevent any formation of sharpecho.
6. Consider the following statements regarding kidney stones which is/are correct?
- Kidney stones are more likely to be formed during summer or hot climate when people become dehydrated.
- Kidney stones are made of calcium oxalate and can also be formed by precipitation of uric acid.
Select your answer:
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
7. When red flowered snapdragons are crossed with white flowered snapdragons, their offspring have pink flowers. This type of genotype expression is called
(b) Incomplete dominance
8. The ratification by not less than half of the states is required to amend the provision(s):
- Election of President
- Article 368
- Schedule IX
- High Courts
Select your answer from the codes given below:
(a) Both 1 and 3
(b) 1, 2 and 4
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) All of them.
9. Which of the following Fundamental Rights is guaranteed only to the citizens and not to the foreigners?
(a) Right to life and personal liberty.
(b) Right to freedom of religion
(c) Freedom of speech and expression
(d) Equality before law and equal protection of law
10. Rand was killed by which militant nationalist:
(a) Prafulla Chaki
(b) Jatindranath Banerjee
(c) Barindra Ghosh
(d) Damodar Chapekar
11. Who among the following established the Mohamedan Lityerary Society in 1863 at Calcutta?
(a) Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari
(c) Syed Amin Ali
(d) Nawab Abdul Latif
12. Which one of the following was the Magna Carta of Western educational system in India?
(a) The Report of the Hunter Commission.
(b) Despatch of Sir Charles Wood, Secretary of State, 1854.
(c) The Charter Act, 1833.
(d) The Report of the Commission of Public Instruction, 1823.
- (b) Sound is a mechanical wave carrying energy, it has power to break or crack bridges as well.
- (b) Incomplete dominance is a form of intermediate inheritance in which one allele. For a specific trait is not completely dominant over to the allele. This results in a third phenotype in which the expressed physical trait is a combination of the dominant and recessive phenotypes.
- (d) Rand was killed by the militant nationalist Damodar Chapekar on 22 June, 1897. He was the President of Poona Plague Committee.
- (d) Nawab Abdul Latif established Mohammedan Literary Society in 1863 at Calcutta. It was a forum of Muslim intellectuals.
- (b) The Despatch of Sir Charles Wood, Secretary of State in 1854 is called the Magna Carta of Western education in India.