I believe that one of the most common wishes is simply to feel more confident in various situations in life. Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy. Hope you will find something useful in this article to help you improve and maintain your own levels of self confidence.
Tips to Build Self Confidence
1. Take action. Get it done.
The most important step in building self confidence is simply to take action. Working on something and getting it done. Sitting at home and thinking about it will just make you feel worse.
- Be present – One of the simplest ways to connect with the present moment is just to keep your focus on your breathing for a minute or two.
- Lighten up – Relax a bit and lighten up you often realize that those problems and negative feelings are just something you are creating in your own mind. With a lighter state of mind your tasks seems lighter and
become easier to get started with.
- Really, really want it – Taking action isn’t something you have to force. Taking action
becomes a very natural thing. It’s something you can’t wait to do.
Must Read: 10 Simple Tips to Improve Your Memory Magically
2. Face your fear
There are ways to face your fears that do not include that much shaking of the knees.
- Be curious – One way is to remember how life has become more fun in the past thanks to your curiosity and to remember all the cool things it helped you to discover and experience.
- Realize that fear is often based on unhelpful interpretation – The problem is just that we often find negative and not so helpful patterns in our lives based on just one or two experiences.
3. Understand in what order things happen.
The thing is, when you do things you don’t just build confidence in your ability to handle different situations. You also experience progressive desensitization.
“One important key to success is self confidence. An important key to self confidence is preparation. Prepare and you will feel more comfortable and confident. Just don’t make the mistake of getting stuck in the preparation phase and using it as a way to avoid taking action and the possible pain that it may result in.
5. Realize that failure or being wrong will not kill you.
Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong
- You learn – Instead of seeing failure as something horrible you can start to view it more as a learning experience.
- You gain experiences you could not get any other way.
- Your chances of succeeding increases – Every time you fail you can learn and increase your inner strength. So every failure can make you more and more likely to succeed.
Don’t Miss: 10 Ways to improve your Communication Skills
6. Get to know who you are and what you want out of life.
To build and find more self confidence in yourself you have to get to know yourself better. Go exploring. Face some of your fears. Fail over and over and understand that it isn’t really that big of a deal. Grow stronger through such experiences and also become more internally relaxed.