Shocking Facts About Stress
- The top most stressful jobs were a surgeon, commercial airline pilot, photojournalist, advertising account executive, and real estate agent. The least stressful jobs were actuary, dietician, astronomer, systems
analyst, and software engineer.
- Stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, liver cirrhosis, and suicide.
- Chronic stress floods the brain with powerful hormones that are meant for short-term emergency situations. Chronic exposure can damage, shrink, and kill brain cells.
- Stresses can result in more headaches as a result of the body rerouting blood flow to other parts of the body.
- During extremely stressful situations, your pupils dilate.
- Men are more likely to develop stressful-related disorders.These disorders include hypertension, aggressive behavior, and abuse of drugs and alcohol.
- By positive thinking, affirmations, and visual fantasies, you can lower your stressed levels. Because stresses is often caused by overthinking, changing your thoughts can lead to instant relaxation.
- Stress adds a lot of “wear and tear” to different areas of your body, causing you to look and feel more run down. The natural results of “aging” can happen earlier for people who are often stressed or overwhelmed.
- Prolonged, uninterrupted, unexpected, and unmanageable stresses are the most damaging types of stress.
- Exercise reduces stress and improves health and well-being. Do something that you enjoy doing (like
walking, jogging, swimming, biking, yoga, or playing) and you will reap the stressed-reducing benefits immediately.
- Things as simple as laughing, dark chocolate, music, meditation, and sleeping are all proven to reduce the levels of stressfulness and leave you feeling fresh, bright, and rejuvenated.