Chocolate is a typically sweet, usually brown, food preparation of Theobroma cacao seeds, roasted and ground, often flavored, as with vanilla. Do you know facts about chocolate that it is made in the form of a liquid, paste, or in a block, or used as a flavoring ingredient in other foods.
Amazing Facts About Chocolate
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- White Chocolate isn’t technically Chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
- It takes approximately400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate.
- Every second, Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
- Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey cancelled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protect against tooth decay.
- The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
- Chocolate can cause headaches and is not recommended in large doses for people who suffer from migraines or chronic headaches.
- Chocolate contains high doses of caffeine and sugar, chocolate products are largely to blame for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children.
- The scientific name for the tree that chocolate comes from, Theobroma cacao, means “food of the gods.”
- The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie, Ruth Wakefield, sold her cookie recipe to
Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- Do you know facts about chocolate that it’s believed that people who are allergic to chocolate are actually allergic to cockroaches, as around eight insect parts are typically found in a bar of chocolate, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
- The first chocolate bar was invented in 1847 by Joseph Fry.
- Chocolate’s scent increases theta brain waves, which induce relaxation. This is mainly why people feel better about their problems after eating loads of it.
- The biggest chocolate bar ever created weighed almost six tons.
- Do you know facts about chocolate that Chocolate is part of a healthy, balanced diet and it makes you feel great! A substance in chocolate called theobromine triggers the release of endorphins, which are chemicals, produced by the brain, that act like a natural antidepressant.