Benefits of Curd
- Curd or dahi improves the digestive system as it contains a host of beneficial bacteria in it.
- It helps to cope with stomach problems.
- Consuming curd or yoghurt regularly increases the capacity to absorb the nutrients and minerals from other foods as well.
- It proves Benefits of Curd for those who are lactose intolerant as they can gain all the nutritive contents of milk through curd.
- Consumption of curd provides relief from dysentery or diarrhea.
- Consuming curd proves beneficial for those suffering from vaginal infection.
- Benefits of Curd is to help strengthen bones and teeth as it is high in calcium.
- Curd also helps minimise the risk of high blood pressure.
- Persons who want to gain weight, curd is an effective solution. Curd should be taken along with jaggery. Curd should be discouraged by Obesity patients or Obese people as it acts like as an stimulant to add to weight.
- Curd is an effective remedy for person suffering from Piles and Diarrhoea. In these case, one should take curd
with ginger and rice.
- Curd enhances digestion and also strengthens the digestive system. Being acidic in nature, it enhances salivation which ultimately helps in digestion.
- Yogurt keeps you away from bacterial oral problems. Tartar and Bacteria which are the reasons for many oral diseases are prevented by Curd.
- Curd is thrust quencher and also reduces the burning sensation when taken with sugar.
- Curd along with a little quantity of sugar and salt acts like as an appetizer.
- It works as an energy booster. It also hydrates your body and works as an antioxidant.
- Great for hair and skin – You can apply it directly, but consuming a cup a day shows results too.
- The best form of fat – curd has the same nutritional value as milk.
- Stress buster and mood lifter – Curd is a great mood lifter. Flavoured yoghurt especially helps deal with lows.
- Increases immunity and defence mechanism of the body.
- Improves the absorption of vitamins and minerals from other foods in your body.
- Best comfort food for all seasons swear curd-eating people in South India – especially Tamil Nadu and Andhra
Must Read: Facts about Uses of Aloe Vera
Tips to keep in mind
- People who feel they catch cold or cough frequently on having curds can just prepare it fresh and consume it at room temperature without refrigeration.
- Those on a weight loss diet can also have it, they only need to ensure it is prepared from skimmed milk and not full cream buffalo milk.
How can curd be a part of daily meals?
- Curd is commonly had with a meal or simply consumed as it is. Here are some interesting ways of making curd a part of your daily meals:
- The easiest way to enjoy your curd is by adding some flavouring to it like a pinch of salt and pepper or some chaat masala.
- It can be had along with your daily breakfast/lunch or even dinner. You could simply have it as a mid-meal snack as well.
- One can throw in a bunch of chopped fruits to have it as a wholesome meal.
- You could blend curd for a healthy glass of namkeen buttermilk. It can also be eaten with rice.
- Curd is ideal to have in the form of delicious dips either used with salads or even as sandwich dressing. You could try some hung curd dip which could be had with raw salads like cucumber, carrot, etc.
- Different types of raita preparations can be made from curd like mixed vegetable, palak, doodhi or pineapple etc.