A collection of awesome, interesting, weird and random stuff to tickle your brain. Here are some of the known Facts:
- There Is A 1300 Years Old Ancient Lion City Under A Lake In China Where Time Travel Is Believed Possible. The city is nearly 1339 years of age and located in Zhejiang Province, East China. In 1959, the city was submerged under Lake Qiandao so that the Xin’an River Hydropower Station could be constructed.
- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
- The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
- Tea is said to have been discovered in 2737 BC by a Chinese emperor when some tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water. The tea bag was introduced in 1908 by Thomas Sullivan of New York.
- Angelina Jolie and her third husband Brad Pitt’s daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt was born in Swakopmund, Namibia and has a Namibian passport.
- November27 – In 2005, The first partial human face transplant is completed in Amiens, France.
- In 1985, Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.
- The first open heart surgery was performed in 1893.
- If you counted 100 stars a minute you can count the entire galaxy in 2000 years.
- A match between Barbados and British Guyana in 1946 saw an over with 14 balls in which there were no wides or no balls. The 8 ball over was in force and the extra six deliveries were due to umpiring miscounting.
- Fishing is the biggest participant sports in the world while — Football (Soccer) is the most attended or watched sport in the world.
- Taj Mahal appears pink in the morning, white in the day and changes its color to golden in the moon light.
- George Washington was deathly afraid of being buried alive. After he died, he wanted to be laid out for three days just to make sure he was dead.
- When a giraffe’s baby is born it falls from a height of six feet, normally without being hurt.
- Lemons contain more sugar than Strawberries.
- Canada is an Indian word meaning “Big Village”.
- The loudest land animal is the Howler monkey whose deep growls and howls in the forest can travel clearly up to 3 miles.
- Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. To make 1 pound of honey, bees would have to visit over 2 million flowers
Comments are closed.