- The first coins were minted (made) around 2500 years ago.
- Paper money was first used in China over 1000 years ago.
- The first “rupee” was first introduced by Sher Shah Suri. It was based on a ratio of 40 copper pieces (paisa) per rupee.
- Udaya K Dharmalingam is the designer of the Indian rupee Symbol, which was adopted by the Government of India in 2010.
- From 1953, Hindi was displayed prominently on the new notes.
- The Government of India took over the issue of bank notes in 1861 from the Private and Presidency Banks.
- The first series of coins with theIndian rupee symbol was launched on 8 July, 2011.
- The first 1000 Rs Note was introduced in 2000.
- The first 20 Rs and 5 Rs note was introduced in 2001.
- Decimalization started in 1957 and the rupee was divided into 100 Naye Paise.
- Total 15 Languages (Apart from English) are printed in Indian Rupee Note. They are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Panjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- In India, the first paper bank note was published by Bank of Hindustan in 1770.
- The current Mahatma Gandhi series of bank notes stared from 1996 with new series of 10Rs notes.
- Indian coins are produced in 4 cities: Noida, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata. The coins produce from each city puts an identification mark under the year of issue. Coins produced in Noida have a dot mark, Mumbai have diamond mark, Hyderabad have star mark and coin produce from Kolkata have nothing beneath the year.
- Credit cards were first used in the United States in the 1920’s.
im nw pursuing b.tech final year..n i want to attept civil services xams in 2014..im i eligibile to attend it in 2014..by that time i may not recieve degree certificates from university..can i?
Yes You can appear in this exam….
Comments are closed.