Important Battles in the Indian History
1. 1st battle of Tarain–1191– Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Mohammed Ghori
2. 2nd battle of Tarain–1192–Mohammad Ghori defeated Prithviraj Chauhan
3. 1st battle of Panipat–1526–Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodi
4. Battle of Khanwa–1527– Babur defeated Rana Sunga further strengthening his foothold in India.
5. Battle of Ghaghra–1529–Babur defeated Mahmud Lodi and Sultan Nusrat Shah thus establishing Mughal rule in India.
6. 2nd battle of Panipat–1556–Akbar defeated Hemu
7. 3rd battle of Panipat–1761 Ahmed Shah Abdali defeated the Marathas
8. Battle of Talikota–1565–Deccan Sultanates defeated the glorious Vijayanagar empire
9. Battle of Haldighati–1576–The Undecisive battle between Raja Man Singh of Mughal Army and Rana Pratap of Mewar.
10. Battle of Plassey–1757–British defeated Siraj-ud-duala with the help of Mir Zafar. This battle laid the foundation of British empire in India.
11. Battle of Wandiwash–1760–British decisively defeated the French in India. The Seven years war (1756 – 1763) between the British and the French in Europe ran parallel to this war. 3 Carnatic wars were fought between the British and the French and this battle was a part of the 3rd Carnatic War.
12. Battle of Buxar–1764–British defeated the combined forces of Mir Qasim, Shuja-ud-duala (Nawab of Oudh) and Shah Alam II(Mughal emperor). This completed the work began by the battle of Plassey.
13. Battle of Samugarh–1658–Aurangzeb defeated Dara Shikoh.
14. Battle of Karnal–1739–Nadir Shah defeated Mughal Emperor Muhammad Shah.