Objectives of International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
IMF Vs. World Bank
Membership of the World Bank and Voting Right
Capital Resources of International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Two percent of allotted shares are repaid in Gold, USD or SDR.
- Every member country is free to repay 18% of its capital share in its own currency.
- The remaining 80% share is deposited by member country only on demand by the World Bank.
Banks Lending Operations
1. By granting or participating in direct loans but its own funds.
2. By granting loans out of the fund raised in the market of a member or otherwise borrowed by the banks and
3. By guaranteeing the whole or part loans made by private investors through the investment channels.
Read Also: Information on Nationalised Banks