Science and Technology
- Science and Technology section of the Wednesday edition of the newspaper ‘The Hindu’.
- Science and Technology Published by the Spectrum.
- Yozna contains science and environment related topics.
1. Indian History – India Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra; NCERT Books ( XI & XII )
3. Indian Polity – Constitution of India by Bakshi Buy Now
4. Indian Economy – Plus One, Plus Two Books, Pratiyogita Darpan
5. General Science – Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide
6. Mental Ability – Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal Buy Now
7. Current Affairs – Some magazines and Newspapers
i. The Hindu/The Times of India
iii. Civil Service Chronicle
v. Competition WIZARD
vi. Civil Services Today
1. Tata Mc Graw Hill
Books for UPSC/IAS Examination on Indian History & Culture:
- NCERT (+ 2 level): Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India.
- Publication Division : Gazetteer of India (Vol 2 : History & Culture)
- Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar : Gopal Krishna
- Bipin Chandra – Modern India
- A.C.Banerjee – History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer : Mahatma Gandhi
Books on Geography:
- NCERT : Physical Geography of India for X – XII Std
- A Good School Atlas
- Sharma & Cotinho : Economic and Commercial Geography of India.
- Khullar : India- A Comprehnsive Geography
- Charles Farro : General Principles of World Geography
- Charles Farro : Monsoon Asia Reports published by Centre for Science and Enviornment And Tata Energy Research Institute
- National journal – Kurukshetra, Yojana etc.
- Down to earth
Books on Indian Economy:
- NCERT (+1 level) : Evolution of Indian Economy(I C Dhingra).
- Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram – Indian Economy
- Economic Survey
- The Economic Times,Business Standard
Books for UPSC/IAS Examination on Social and National Issues :
- Social Problem – Ram Ahuja
- Social Welfare Magazine – Published by ministry of social welfare
- IIPa Journal
Books on Indian Polity:
- NCERT (+1 level) : Indian Political System
- N.L. Madan : Bhartiya Rajya Vyavastha
- D.D. Basu: Indian Constitution
- Kashyap: Constitution of India
- Publication Division : Subhash C. Kashyap : Our Parliament
- P.M. Bakshi: Indian Constitution
- Our Constitution : Subhash C. kashyap
- Perspective on Constitution : S.C. Kashyap
- Frontline Magazine
- IIPa Journal
Books on Science & Technology:
- NCERT : (10 level) : Science, (+2 level) : Biology.
- Popular Science Series (CSIR)
- Reports Of the Ministry of Science and Technology Yojana
- Science Reporter
- Science and Technology in India – Spectrum
- Books on Statistics:
- (NCERT +1 level) Elementary Statistics
- S.C.Gupta : Statistical Methods
Books on India and the World :
- Journal of peace Studies
- World Focus
- Strategic Analysis
- South Asian Journal
Other Books for UPSC/IAS Examination for General Studies:
1. India Year Book latest
2. One competitive Magazine
3. Guides like Tata Mc Graw Hill, Spectrum or Unique For General Reference 4. The Pearson General Studies Manual.